Victoria Tunnel Ghost Hunts Newcastle
Event Date | tbc
Event Price | £35.00 per person
Deposit Option Available
Click here for booking options
Victoria Tunnel Ghost Hunts
Fancy spending time down in the hidden underground Victoria Tunnel, once used as an air raid shelter during WWII?. This Haunted Evenings event will allow you access underground into this unique location after dark to take part in various paranormal investigation style experiments . We’ll be splitting you off to see what you can unearth in the various sections of the tunnel. Will you experience the encounters of paranormal activity that other visitors have experienced from strange mists and lights? All guests will have the chance at trying their hands at traditional style vigils as well as investigating with an abundance of paranormal equipment.
History of the Victoria Tunnel
The Victoria Tunnel, which took 2.5 years to complete, was commissioned by business entrepreneurs Latimer and Porter, who required a solution to transporting coal from the Spital Tongues colliery down to the river, ready for transportation. Opening in 1842 to a crowd of Newcastle’s finest, the Victoria Tunnel was a successful solution and was in operation for 18 years until the financial decline at the colliery forced the tunnel to close. Sat abandoned for almost 80 years, the tunnel found a further use during World War 2 when it was converted into an air raid shelter, kitted out with 500 beds, benches and blast walls for those locally who needed safety when the sirens sounded.
In 2009, having laid empty since the end of the war, part of the tunnels reopened for visitors thanks to the City Council carrying out structural repairs.
What’s Included on this event?
- Access to the Victoria Tunnel
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting in all areas listed using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary soft drinks and light snacks
- Fully insured event
- Your overnight ghost hunt will be held in a claustrophobic environment and is not suitable for those with mobility issues or those who find confined spaces uncomfortable. There are no toilet facilities on site.
Event times | 8.00pm-01.00am
Arrival times | From 7.45pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS – SUMMARY
*Guests must be aged 18+
*Deposits are strictly non-refundable / non-transferable
*Remaining balances refundable up until 4 weeks before
*No alcohol / illegal substances allowed prior to or during the event
*Guests must bring a torch and wear sensible shoes
*Some parts of the location may not be suitable for people with severe mobility difficulties
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO AGREE TO OUR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. Closer to your event date, you’ll be able to access all welcome information about your event from the “YOUR EVENT” tab from the main menu. This will give you all the information you will need for your night to come, including check in procedures, where to park, when to arrive and what to bring/wear. These details will likely not be available until the week of your event and could be added as late as 48 hours before. If your event is a few weeks away, please keep checking the Your Event tab closer to your event date. Most general information,( google map, arrival times) can be found on the product listing in the meantime.
Give us a like and tell us you’re “Going” to this event for a Facebook reminder of when your event is coming up! Click on the Facebook button to follow us!
Location / Map
55 Lime Street
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Yorkshire
Armley Mills Ghost Hunt Leeds