St Mary’s Guildhall Ghost Hunt | Coventry | Warwickshire
£20.00 – £49.00
Event Date | TBC
Event Price | £49.00 per person
Deposit Options Available
Click here for booking options
St Mary’s Guildhall Ghost Hunt
Join Haunted Evenings as we return to Coventry’s most haunted building, one of only a few Tudor constructions left in the heart of this historic city. The Guildhall holds a wealth of history and it is no real surprise to discover that many who spend time at St Mary’s Guildhall leave having sensed a real fear of unease in several areas of the building.
In small groups, you will have the chance to spend the night carrying out a variety of new and more traditional vigils with access to an abundance of paranormal equipment. Spend time in the magnificent Great Hall, undercroft, Mary Queen of Scot’s Chamber and Mercar’s Room to name but a few!. What will you experience on your haunted evening?
Paranormal Activity at the Guildhall
St Mary’s Guildhall has always had a reputation of being very haunted so be warned! A monk was captured on camera over 30 years ago during a civic event and has been reportedly seen and sensed on numerous occasions. Many people have unexpectedly experienced feeling emotional, with an overwhelming sense of sadness, in one particular room of the Guildhall, bursting into tears for no reason. A little girl has been seen here along with a grey lady, are these the dark shadows many have witnessed here? Join us on Friday 13th at Coventry’s most historic and haunted location to see what ghostly experiences we may encounter.
What’s Included on this event? St Mary’s Guildhall Ghost Hunt
- Access to several areas of the site, including The Great Hall, Old Council Chamber, Princes Chamber, Treasury, Mercers Room, Drapers Room, Ante Room, Armoury, Mary Queen of Scots Room and the Undercoft.
- Orientation walk around with the lights on before the fun begins!
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting in all areas listed using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- A chance to go it a lone!
- Fully Insured Event with First Aider
Event times | 9.00pm-03.00am
Arrival times | From 8.45pm
Damn! Can’t make this date? Please check out all our upcoming events in the East Midlands…
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. If choosing to place down a deposit, please ensure you pay your remaining balances in no later than 1 month prior to the event). The week of the event your welcome information will be listed on the YOUR EVENT section of the website. This will give you all the useful info about your ghost hunt, including where to park and what to bring with you.
St Mary’s Guildhall Ghost Hunt
St Mary’s Guildhall, in historic Coventry, was built around 1340 and has been described as being the finest surviving Medieval Guildhall in the Country. Located near by to the Cathedral Ruins, Coventry’s Guildhall sits amongst only a few buildings remaining from the Tudor period.
Spend time investigating The Draper’s Room where Mary, Queen of Scots was held captive. Explore the Old Council Chamber, The Prince’s Chamber and Mercar’s Room.
The Guildhall is a fascinating building to visit and with such history attached to this place and so many stories to tell, why not try your hand at ghost hunting here!?
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.