Sheffield Ghost Hunt Wortley Top Forge Museum | Light Supper included
Sheffield Ghost Hunt Wortley Top Forge | Yorkshire
Join Haunted Evenings for a ghost hunt experience at this tucked away haunted site that is Wortley Top Forge near Sheffield in Yorkshire. Enjoy an evening of exploring the whole building which includes the old cottage and workshops….
From the roaring open fire that greets you in the main cottage area, to the old main forge area with its original ironworks which is cold and incredibly eerie in the dark. The Blacksmith and Joiners workshop stretches over two floors, separate from the main building and an ideal area to carry out some lock down experiments. The period cottage area has a strange feeling and a real sense of stepping back in time, the perfect place to have a go at more traditional vigils. In the main forge area, try your hand at using the hand held equipment to see what we can capture.
History of Wortley Top Forge | Sheffield
Now an Industrial Museum, Wortley Top Forge is known to be the oldest surviving heavy Iron Forge in the world. This former finery forge and iron-works holds a history dating back to 1640. Many rooms here to investigate, including the main forge area, period cottage, ground and first floor, the Blacksmiths workshop, Joiners workshop and Foundry area. All these date back to the 16th and 17th Century. We will also explore the outside areas to see what we can unearth from the paranormal world.
Paranormal Activity at Wortley Top Forge
On our first investigation at Wortley Top Forge, we did not leave disappointed and it has left us wanting to go back!. We experienced plenty of paranormal activity here from strong EVP’s in the Forge Area with many of our equipment being triggered on command. Whilst conducting spirit board vigils, we picked up on a spirit who was connected to the building and was able to provide information that we were able to verify – love it when that happens!. The separate workshop area provided us with some strange activity and again was active. What will happen when we return?!…Have a go at using all the latest equipment and test your bravery by wandering off with the kit and sensing first hand, just what ghost hunting in a haunted location really feels like!
What’s Included on this event?
- Complimentary Soup and Roll Supper
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Guided tour/access all areas to Wortley Top Forge
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
Event Dates Available…
Event times | 8.00pm-1.00am
Arrival times | From 7.45pm
Check out our current “live” events in the Yorkshire area
Ghost Hunt Wortley Top Forge near Sheffield
Ghost Hunt Wortley : Join Haunted Evenings as we take you on an evening of ghost hunting at this tucked away location near Sheffield. Find yourself ghost hunting in small groups, taking part in experiments in the old forge areas, workshops and old forge cottage.
*GHOST HUNT WITH LIGHT SUPPER INCLUDED (Soup & Rolls)
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks will be available throughout the event.