Ragged School Ghost Hunt London
Ragged School Ghost Hunt
Event Date | Saturday 28th September 2019
Event Price | £55.00 per person
Deposit Option Available
Click here for booking options
Join Haunted Evenings as we enter the most haunted school in the UK!….The building in which you’ll now find The Ragged School Museum, once housed London’s largest Victorian School for poor children in the East End of London. Established in 1877 by Dr Barnardo, his mission was to provide a place of education for under-privileged children at a time where schooling was otherwise not available for the poor and destitute. Step back in time as you enter these canal-side warehouses and test your bravery as you join Haunted Evenings on a ghost hunt experience like no other!. Using traditional alongside modern techniques, the team will guide you through several activities in the quest to capture who still haunts here after dark. People entering the old school have experienced disturbing cries, bangs, heavy footsteps as well as seeing ghost sightings of children. Many refuse to return after their experiences. It appears this really may not be for the faint-hearted!
History of ragged schools
In 1866 Thomas Barnardo moved to London to pursue a career in medicine, his mission soon shifted in light of his exposure to horrifying inner city poverty in the East End of London. Faced with increasing overcrowding, where disease was rife and many of the population destitute, Barnardo opened his first school in 1867. In 1877 he opened up a further “ragged school” to provide children in the area an opportunity of an education. The Barnardo’s Copperfield Road Free School (where the Museum now operates) served thousands of children in the 31 years it was open, closing in 1908 when provisions for other schools were finally opened in the area by the government. After the buildings use as a ragged school, the building was used as warehouses until, facing near demolition, a group of locals formed the Ragged School Museum Trust in 1990 to safeguard the buildings heritage and provide a forever reminder of Victorian schooling.
What’s Included on this event?
- Access to all available areas of the Ragged School Museum, to include the Victorian classroom, kitchen and several gallery areas
- Walk around with the lights on before the fun begins!
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting in all areas listed using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Experience our unique lock down experiment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Saturday 28th September 2019
Event times | 9.30pm-03.00am
Entry time | 9.15pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS – SUMMARY
*Guests must be 18+
*Deposits are strictly non-refundable / non-transferable
*Remaining balances refundable up until 4 weeks before
*No alcohol / illegal substances allowed prior to or during the event
*Guests must bring a torch and wear sensible shoes
*Location may not be suitable for people with mobility difficulties
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO AGREE TO OUR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE BOOKING
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list.
The week of the event we will post the Welcome Information for your event under the “YOUR EVENT“ section. This will update you on parking information, arrival times, what to bring etc
Check out all our other current “live” events
HAUNTED EVENINGS FACEBOOK
Give us a like and tell us you’re “Going” to this event for a Facebook reminder of when your event is coming up! Click on the Facebook button to follow us!
Location / Map
Ragged School Museum
46-50 Copperfield Road
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.