“The Lock Up” Ghost Hunt Steelhouse Lane | Birmingham
“The Lock Up” Ghost Hunt Steelhouse Lane | Police Station
Event Date | Friday 11th May 2018
Event Price | £40.00 per person
Deposit Option Available
Click here for booking options
Join Haunted Evenings as we take you on a ghost hunting experience like no other at this recently opened location in Central Birmingham. Spend time overnight in some of the many cells that have housed notorious criminals over its 126 year history as a centralised custody suite, from gangsters to serial killers. We’ll be splitting you off into small groups to take part in some pretty intense experiments to establish the hauntings of this oppressive Victorian lock up. What will we unearth?!…….
History of Steelhouse Lane
Built in the once slum area of Birmingham in the 1890’s, this now Grade II listed Victorian building now sits disused and eerily empty. The Birmingham Central Police Station could accommodate up to 50 detainees within its custody suite and was often described more so as a mini-prison. Notorious Cromwell Street serial killer Fred West was locked up here before his court trial and Steelhouse Lane is also well known for detaining the famous crooks, nicknamed the Peaky Blinders – known for sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps in order to blind rival gangsters.
Despite still functioning up until early 2017 within today’s modern Police force, many original Victorian features remain intact at this phenomenal site. Haunted Evenings will be spending the night in this historical Birmingham landmark to investigate who still haunts here. Are you brave enough to join us at “The Lock Up”?!
What’s Included? “The Lock Up” Ghost Hunt Steelhouse Lane
- Walk round with the lights on at Steelhouse Lane
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Take part in our lock down experiment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Event Dates Available…
Friday 11th May 2018
Event times | 8.00pm -1.00am
Arrival times | From 8.00pm
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. Closer to your event date, you’ll be able to access all welcome information about your event from the “YOUR EVENT” tab from the main menu. This will give you all the information you will need for your night to come, including check in procedures, where to park, when to arrive and what to bring/wear. These details will likely not be available until the week of your event and could be added as late as 48 hours before. If your event is a few weeks away, please keep checking the Your Event tab closer to your event date. Most general information,( google map, arrival times) can be found on the product listing in the meantime.
Check out all our current “live” events in the West Midlands area
“The Lock Up” Ghost Hunt Steelhouse Lane Police Station
The address for this location is:
Birmingham Central Police Station
We look forward to seeing you there!
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Handheld Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal handheld equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, including K2’s, Mel Meters, Ghost Meters and our thermal imaging cameras. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Trigger Object Vigil. Stay close to our trigger objects to see who, from the spirit world, is intrigued by our objects!, many with built in devices that will literally trigger if interacted with by spirits including Rempods. Other devices will be available for guests to use during the session.
* Voice Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using listening devices to see what strange noises and hopefully voices we can capture. Guests will have the chance to use digital voice recorders and use hearing enhancers. We will carry out EVP experiments and encourage all guests to have a go at capturing their own evidence.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unguided. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt West Midlands
“The Lock Up” Ghost Hunt Steelhouse Lane | Birmingham – Saturday 18th August 2018