Ghost Hunts Ordsall Hall Manchester | Ghost Hunt Salford
Ghost Hunts Ordsall Hall Manchester Events
Join Haunted Evenings as we explore this 750 year old site where this former stately home near Manchester now stands. This stunning 15th Century Grade I listed Tudor Mansion is reputedly so haunted that it boasts it’s own set of “ghost cams”!. Dare to join the team for an intense overnight investigation at one of Manchester’s finest paranormal hotspots?!
History of Ordsall Hall
Ordsall Hall was home to the Radclyffe family for over 300 years. They first took ownership of the land and previous dwelling around 1335. The current building was built during the 15th Century to replace the original hall by order of Sir Alexander Radclyffe (High Sherriff of Lancaster). Ordsall Hall had further alterations and additions in the 17th Century, which included a brick house on the west side of the hall. In 1666, Ordsall Hall was the largest house in Salford and left the Radclyffe family in 1704. The Hall remained in occupation until 1871 when it then became a Working Men’s Club up until 1883 when purchased by Earl Egerton of Tatton who went on to use the hall to establish a clergy training school after he restored the hall in 1896 (adding a church in the north forecourt and a new servants wing on the south side which were both demolished in the 1960’s). During WWII it was used as a radio station and by 1972 opened to the public as a period house and local museum of History.
Haunted Ordsall Hall
Your overnight ghost hunt at Ordsall Hall will see you heading off in small groups in all directions using an array of different techniques in order to establish who still haunts here. It is believed the building is mostly haunted by Margaret Radclyffe who has been seen on many occasions in the Great Hall and Star Chamber. So much so that ghost cams have been set up in the most haunted rooms of this old Mansion. What will you experience overnight in one of Manchester’s oldest and most haunted buildings?!
What’s Included on this event? | Ghost Hunts Ordsall Hall
- Access to all available areas of Ordsall Hall. Incl. Great Hall, Star Chamber and Great Chamber
- Orientation walk around before the fun begins!
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting in all areas listed using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Lock down experiments for the brave!
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Event times | 9.00pm-02.00am
Arrival times | From 8.45pm – 9.00pm (strictly)
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. If choosing to place down a deposit, please ensure you pay your remaining balances in no later than 4 weeks prior to the event. The week running up to your event we will list the welcome information under the “YOUR EVENT” section, which will provide you with all the useful info about your ghost hunt.
Check out our current “live” events in the North West Region
NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
Ghost Hunts Ordsall Hall Manchester | Ghost Hunting Events Manchester
Ordsall Hall Museum
322 Ordsall Ln,
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event to purchase direct from Ordsall Hall.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Lancashire
Lancaster Castle Ghost Hunts Lancashire | Friday 26th January 2018