Ghost Hunt Towers Hospital Mental Asylum | Leicester | 10th September 2016
£20.00 – £55.00
Ghost Hunt at Leicester’s former Mental Asylum – Towers Hospital
ONE OF THE VERY LAST CHANCES TO INVESTIGATE THIS BUILDING BEFORE IT CLOSES IN NOVEMBER!
Join the Haunted Evenings team as we enter this incredibly rare abandoned old hospital asylum for a night of investigating the wards and corridors. Take part in several experiments, to include traditional methods as well as more scientific experiments using all the latest paranormal equipment.
Leicester Towers History
The Towers hospital, formerly known as the “Borough Lunatic Asylum” when it was open in the Victorian era *Source Leicester City Council, served patients with mental illnesses for over 140 years. Having opened in 1869, it finally closed its doors in the year 2000 and saw its last outpatient in 2013. This now empty building was pioneering in it’s day, providing treatment and not just care, for those suffering with health issues. Prior to this, many patients would have been housed in pauper houses, with just basic care provision. The Towers Hospital site is currently under redevelopment however, part of the original Hospital now sits vacant and is an opportunity for you to explore before it closes it’s doors for good.
Paranormal Events at Leicester Towers
Try your hands at all sorts of paranormal investigative techniques, from having a go at all the latest equipment such as thermal imaging cameras, infrared cameras, ovilus, spirit boxes, rem pods to more standard kits such as K2 meters and ghost meters. Observe or have a go at Glass divination, table tipping or find yourself in the middle of a human pendulum. Venture off on your own or stay close to the team, it’s your night to explore one of the UK’s most cherished hospital locations!
Reported Activity at Leicester’s Asylum
Haunted Evenings have investigated The Towers Hospital on numerous occasions and guests have experienced several personal accounts. Audible groans have been heard by several guests up in the isolation cells along side clear EVP captures throughout the abandoned hospital. Guests have experienced seeing trigger objects light up and alarm out as well as phenomenal reports from the glass divination experiments. The evidence captured here has left the Haunted Evenings team and it’s guests in no doubt that this abandoned hospital is a unique site. What will you experience?…
What’s Included on this event?
- Welcome introduction
- History talk reflecting the positive uses of what was a pioneering institution.
- Guided tour/access all areas at The Leicester Towers Hospital
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Average group sizes 6-7 people
- Experience The Towers by going it alone.
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Saturday 10th September 2016
Event times | 9.00pm-03.00am
Arrival times | From 8.30pm
The address for this location is:
We look forward to seeing you there!
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt North West England
Ghost Hunts Newsham Hospital | Abandoned Asylum | Liverpool Hospital Ghost Hunts