Ghost Hunt Thackray Museum | Leeds | Saturday 3rd February 2018
£20.00 – £55.00
Event Price | £55.00 per person
Event Time | 8.00pm – 2.00am
Deposit Option Available
Ghost Hunt Thackray Museum
Join Haunted Evenings as we enter this former Leeds Union Workhouse, built originally as a pauper house for over 700 destitute refuges from 1861 onwards. This magnificent imposing Grade II listed Victorian building dominates the area. The history and past energies held within these walls from when it was a workhouse and later, as part of a Hospital, sets this location up as being one of the most foreboding and haunted places in the area, the perfect place to test your nerves!
Life in a Workhouse was deliberately tough going, harsh working conditions, often spending long days crushing bones to produce fertiliser or breaking stones for construction, in reward for food and accomodation, deterred the able bodied from willingly entering. Workhouse inmates however, had the advantage of access to free medical care and education, not yet readily mainstream to the struggling classes of the general population. At the turn of the century, the Workhouse had by now seen building expansion. A main block, infirmary, chapel and wards for the mentally ill were now part of the development. By World War I, The Leeds Union Workhouse was now the East Leeds War Hospital providing care for the armed services, continuing as part of a Hospital until the 1990’s, when the building was deemed unfit for purpose. In 1997, this old Victorian building took on it’s current role as the Award Winning Thackray Medical Museum, which now displays countless scenes from early Victorian slum life, eerie enough during usual visiting hours!
Ghost Hunting at The Thackray Museum
Your ghost hunting experience with Haunted Evenings will see you locked in for the night, in small groups, investigating all accessible areas of this former workhouse. We’ll start with a tour of the location with the lights on before we split you off into vulnerable numbers to investigate the many reported hauntings here. Disembodied cries, visitors being touched, items being moved and full apparitions have all been experienced here. Taking part in an array of both traditional and modern ghost hunting experiments, you will get to experience first hand, what it’s like to be locked in after dark in one of Yorkshires most haunted buildings!
What’s Included | Ghost Hunt Thackray Museum
- Brief History/ Guided tour/access all available areas
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques – try your hand at the traditional methods, such as Ouija boards, table tipping, dowsing rods and human pendulums
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment during our high tech experiments. An opportunity for you to use the equipment yourself
- A chance to “go it alone!”
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Event Dates Available…
Saturday 03rd February 2018
Event times | 8.00pm -2.00am
Arrival times | From 8.00pm
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. The week of your event, welcome information will be posted up on the “YOUR EVENT” page which will give you all the useful info about your ghost hunt.
Ghost Hunt Thackray Museum
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out a variety of ghost hunting vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. A real opportunity to get hands on and use as much kit as you wish. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
*Trigger Vigil. Camp out in an area using an array of trigger objects to see what paranormal evidence may come to light.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Yorkshire
Armley Mills Ghost Hunt Leeds | Saturday 17th March 2018