Ghost Hunt St Catherines Hospital | Doncaster | South Yorkshire
Ghost Hunting at Doncaster’s Former Asylum
There’s more than meets the eye to this stunning Victorian building in Doncaster! Delve into St Catherine’s past and it soon becomes clear as to why this location has been placed on the Haunted Britain map! Once a former asylum and a place for the quarantine of infectious diseases, the building holds many terrifying stories you wouldn’t suspect from its approach…. Fancy experiencing the alleged haunting’s for yourself?!…
History of St Catherine’s House
St Catherines was once the site of a former sanatorium and isolation hospital formerly known as St Catherine’s Institution which was founded in 1845. The building consisted of a psychiatric unit, female chest unit and both male and female sanatorium. The Hospital also consisted of two childrens wards where infectious diseases such as polio and diptheria were treated. At this time in it’s use, porters at the hospital would have announced patients conditions and reported any deaths by posting daily bulletins on the perimeter fence. St Catherine’s House was originally built for the private holiday dwelling of the Banks family. Today the building sits amongst modern day NHS buildings and no longer serves as a hospital, however, many of the original features of the building remain.
Ghost Hunt Events St Catherine’s Former Hospital
Many strange accounts of the paranormal have been reported here from unexplanable knocks and bangs to shadows being sighted. Many of the staff have experienced strange things they just can’t explain. Admittedly, the cellar is a pretty creepy area of the building and we reckon not many would want to spend much time down there alone, especially as it’s believed to be the cellar where many operations within the hospital would have taken place…
We’ll be splitting you down into small teams and conducting several different vigils in all accessible areas including the very eerie cellars complete with the original operating table, to the magnificent Victorian corridors and stairwell, servants quarters, old nurses bedrooms and downstairs reception rooms. Why not join Haunted Evenings and investigate this location in style with all the latest equipment, including thermal imaging cameras, DVR’s, Mel Meters and K2 meters. Which team will capture the best evidence and which activity will spark up the most activity? Join the team as we dare you to investigate St Catherine’s House.
What’s Included | Ghost Hunt St Catherines Hospital
- Guided tour/access to several areas at St Catherine’s House including Cellars, Reception rooms, Old Servants Parlour, Attic room and corridors.
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Event Dates Available
Event times | 9.00pm – 3.00am
Arrival times | 8.30pm
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order for the Ghost Hunt St Catherine’s Event. This is your ticket as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. The week of your event you will receive your welcome email which gives you all the useful info about your ghost hunt. Please check your promotion / spam folder as emails often hide themselves in there! Please only contact us if you haven’t received your Welcome email by 48 hours before the event.
Check out our current “live” events in the Yorkshire area
Ghost Hunt St Catherines Hospital | Doncaster
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.