Ghost Hunt St Briavels Castle | Gloucestershire
Ghost Hunt St Briavels Castle
Event Date | tbc
Event Price | £59.00 per person
Deposit Option Available
Click here for booking options
Join Haunted Evenings for a unique opportunity to investigate and sleep-over at this haunted Gloucestershire location. Enter through the stone -arched castle entrance and shut out the living for a night of paranormal adventure with like-minded enthusiasts. Dare to join the team for an intense overnight investigation at one of Gloucester’s finest paranormal hotspots before sleeping in one of the haunted rooms?!
History of St Briavels Castle
St Briavels Castle, original built between 1075-1129 is located in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. St Briavels Castles started life as a Royal hunting lodge for King John and through time went on to function as a court and it’s gatehouse, used as a notorious debtors prison. The 19th century saw the end to the castles use as a Prison and it’s now a spacious youth hostel.
Haunted St Briavels Castle
Your overnight ghost hunt at St Briavels Castle will start with a warm and friendly welcome before you’ll be sent off in all directions using an array of different techniques in order to establish who still haunts here. Visitors entering the circular tower room complete with oubliette, often feel an instant shift in atmosphere, with many making a swift exit after feeling very uneasy. Shadows and disembodied voices have been reported throughout the location and it seems none of the sleeping quarters are free from some threat of ghostly goings on! With such a unique setting and the prospect of discovering the hauntings before bedding down for the night, nerves are likely to be on edge! Haunted Evenings will be gaining exclusive overnight access to this location for a night away with a difference!
What’s Included on this event? | Ghost Hunt St Briavels Castle
- Access to all available areas of St Briavels Castle (Oubliette Room, Constables Room, Hanging Room, Guard Room, State Room, Porters Lodge)
- Overnight dormitory style accommodation (with very comfortable beds!)
- Orientation walk around before the fun begins!
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting in all areas listed using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
- Fully insured event
Event times | 8.30pm-10.00am
Arrival time | From 8.00pm
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. If choosing to place down a deposit, please ensure you pay your remaining balances in no later than 1 month prior to the event. The week of the event welcome information will be posted up on the “YOUR EVENT” section of the website.
Check out all our current “live” events in the South West area
Ghost Hunt St Briavels Castle | Ghost Hunting Events Gloucester
St Briavels Castle, original built between 1075-1129 ( that took them awhile!) is located in Gloucestershire, best known for its Edwardian Gatehouse. Yet another awesome location for a ghost hunt! Why? digging into St Briavel Castles history, it was first used as a hunting lodge for King John, through time the site was used a court and was known as being a notorious debtors prison. The 19th century saw the end to the castles use as a Prison and it’s now a youth hostel. With such a varied past and it’s connections to prison life, this location would have been an unwelcoming place at times. Its gems like these, with so many layers of history, which creates the perfect basis for ghost hunting. Haunted Evenings plan to investigate this castle and you are invited to become part of the team to explore its many dark rooms in a quest to hunt the ghosts who haunt this location
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Gloucestershire
Ghost Hunt Ancient Ram Inn | Gloucester | Fri 23rd November 2018