Ghost Hunt Moira Furnace Museum | Derbyshire
Ghost Hunt Moira Furnace Museum
On Friday 13th, Haunted Evenings invite you to test your nerves as we investigate all areas at Moira Furnace, including the surrounding woods. You will be split down into small numbers to take part in various ghost hunting vigils throughout the location, including access to the main museum building, as well as the tunnel beneath and old lime kilns. A full on night of intense ghost hunting awaits you (with a bit of fun thrown in!) on this superstitious haunted evening!
Paranormal Activity at Moira Furnace
Several accounts of paranormal activity have been reported here, including chilling disembodied voices throughout this historic site. On a previous visit, Haunted Evenings captured clear voices through the spirit box down in the tunnel as well as within one of the seven lime kilns that you can break off into. There’s been numerous reports from previous visitors stating a sense of uneasiness when they’ve entered certain areas of the main building. Shadow figures have also been sighted down in the workshop as well as items being displaced without explanation. With several areas to break off into, what will you experience when you head off into the darkness in small numbers?! Dare to join us on this one?!
Moira Furnace Museum
Moira Furnace was built in 1804 by the Earl of Moira, to take advantage of the local areas coal and iron. Now a protected Scheduled Monument, Moira Furnace is so well preserved due to it’s commercial failing in the 1800’s as a Furnace. Faults in it’s structural design meant the project was doomed from the start, as well as being an arduous place to work. Although the blast furnace that stands today was out of use by 1811, the site was still operational as an iron foundry for around 30 years. The building was converted into 4 small cottages for mine-workers in the 1820’s, with the last residents moving out in the 1970’s. It’s since been used by old rangers for the site and most recently, now the Moira Furnace Museum and Country Park.
What’s Included | Ghost Hunt Moira Furnace Museum
- Tea/Coffee on arrival
- Access all areas including museum building, workshop, lime kilns, woods, tunnel
- Kit Vigil – Get hands on with all the latest equipment and have the opportunity to take it with you as you investigate the location!
- Traditional Vigil – An array of experiments await you! – Human Pendulums, Ouija Boards, Dowsing Rods, Table Tipping
- Trigger Vigil – Camp down in one area and use trigger objects, listening devices, cameras, voice recorders to see what can be captured.
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
- Fully insured event
- Event will be indoors and outdoors
Event Dates Available…
Event times | 8.30pm -3.00am
Arrival times | From 8.15pm
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. The week of your event, welcome information will be posted up on the “YOUR EVENT” page which will give you all the useful info about your ghost hunt.
Check out all our current “live” events in the East Midlands area
Ghost Hunt Moira Furnace Museum Derbyshire
Ghost Hunt Moira Furnace is an intriguing location, with adjacent spooky woodlands close by and outside lime kilns to investigate. The building that remains, consist of the imposing furnace stack and old bridge house building, which is now a museum. Haunted Evenings caught some fascinating EVP’s in the tunnel underneath the old building and had some of the best results to date on the spirit box. Moira Furnace has gained a reputation as being haunted and the team did not leave disappointed. Fancy a stroll in the woods or time in the tunnel? Haunted Evenings will be unlocking the doors to the old bridge house and setting up some pretty cool experiments with all the latest kit. If you fancy trying your hand at ghost hunting, Moira is a cracking location to give it a go!
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Complimentary light supper, a choice of soup & rolls / Hotdogs
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Derbyshire
Ghost Hunt Gresley Old Hall | Light Supper included | Saturday 9th June 2018