Ghost Hunt Margam Castle | Wales
Event | Ghost Hunt Margam Castle
Event Date |
Event Price | £49.00 per person
Deposit Option Available
Click here for booking options
Margam Castle is the classic haunted location! The atmosphere as you step inside, with its grandeur and Gothic architecture means Margam Castle is likely to put you on edge, especially when exploring after dark! Haunted Evenings have exclusive overnight access to one of the most haunted castles in Wales for a ghost hunt experience that’s about to test your nerves!.
History of Margam Castle
Margam Castle situated near Port Talbot, is a Grade I listed Gothic Tudor Mansion built in 1830. Until 1942 the Castle remained within the Talbot family estate before exchanging hands to Sir David Evans Bevan. In 1974 it was acquired by the County Council when it was in a ruinous state. 3 years later it experienced a fire which gutted the interior, an ambitious restoration was embarked on and continues today.
Hauntings at Margam Castle
The site of Margam Castle has been inhabited for over 4000 years so it’s without question a location full of historical layers. Reports of heavy footsteps have been heard by security team members, gamekeepers and garden staff have reported seeing a dark figure in the castle grounds. The sound of children have often been reported throughout the corridors, as well as been seen wearing Victorian dress. The most prominent reporting is from that of Robert Scott, he is believed as being responsible for the poltergeist activity experienced at the Castle.
Are you brave enough?!
On our Ghost Hunt Margam Castle event you will be given a tour of this magnificent building with just a handful of visitors before the lights go out. Take part in some intriguing ghost hunting experiments new and old, and for the brave, the chance to take off some equipment and conduct your own experiments. For those not so brave, stay close to the team and be part of the quest to really find out who still lurks here.
Whether this is your first time on a ghost hunt or you’re a frequent ghost hunter, Haunted Evenings will ensure you get the most out of your visit to Margam Castle.
What’s Included | Ghost Hunt Margam Castle?
- Guided tour of Margam Castle
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
- First Aid Cover
- Fully insured event
Event Dates Available…
Ghost Hunt Margam Castle
View Larger Map
Delve into the haunted history and ghostly tails of Wales and it soon becomes apparent that Wales is one hell of a haunted location. With over 400 castles, Wales is sometimes referred to as the “Castle capital of the world”. From defensive beginnings, connections to the civil war, many of these medieval fortresses have unexplained paranormal activities. Haunted Evenings have access to some of the most notoriously haunted castles……Join us on our Ghost Hunt Margam Castle event and experience for yourself, what it really feels like to go ghost hunting in one of the UK’s most haunted castles!
Deposit Payment, Deposit Payment – Sat 17th Feb 2018, Full Payment, Full Payment – Sat 17th Feb 2018, Full Payment Single Occupancy, Full Payment Special Offer – £39, Remaining Balance, Remaining Balance – Sat 17th Feb 2018
* Welcome briefing with complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and soft drinks.
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Handheld Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal handheld equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, including K2′s, Mel Meters, Ghost Meters and our thermal imaging cameras. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Trigger Object Vigil. Stay close to our trigger objects to see who, from the spirit world, is intrigued by our objects!, many with built in devices that will literally trigger if interacted with by spirits including Rempods. Other devices will be available for guests to use during the session.
* Voice Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using listening devices to see what strange noises and hopefully voices we can capture. Guests will have the chance to use digital voice recorders and use hearing enhancers. We will carry out EVP experiments and encourage all guests to have a go at capturing their own evidence.
*Traditional Vigil. A chance for guests to choose from trying out Glass Divination experiments such as the Ouija Board, or have a go at being part of a Human Pendulum or Table Tipping experiment. On top of all that, we can add some modern twists to these experiments.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unguided. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Wales
Ghost Hunt Margam Castle | Wales | Saturday 6th October 2018