Ghost Hunt Jedburgh Castle Jail and Museum | Borders | Scotland
£20.00 – £49.00
Ghost Hunts at Jedburgh Castle Jail Scotland
Join Haunted Evenings as we take you on a ghost hunting experience like no other at the very historic Jedburgh Castle! Armed with all the very latest equipment, you could soon find yourself, in amongst a small group of people, exploring this reportedly haunted castle after dark. Are you brave enough to sit in a prison cell with our trigger objects? have a go at using our listening devices and look to capture EVP’s (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) or take our thermal imaging camera and see in the dark?!. Haunted Evenings events are the closest thing you’re about to get to experiencing what it’s like to be a true ghost hunter at one of the UK’s most haunted locations!
History of Jedburgh Castle Jail
Jedburgh’s Castle Jail was built in the 1820’s on the site of the Royal Burgh’s medieval castle. The castle was once one of the most important Border strongholds which was sadly destroyed in 1409. Not only is the existing Jail built on this historic site, the land was also documented as being used as the towns Gallows, a place where people would have been hanged after sentencing. With so much history connected to one site, it is no wonder that Jedburgh Castle Jail is one hell of a haunted hotspot!
Ghosts | Paranormal Activity at Jedburgh’s Castle Jail
With such a grim and bloody history, Scotland’s most haunted castle – Jedburgh Castle Jail – has all the ingredients for a perfect ghost hunt. Guests will have all night access to the Jailers House, the exercise yard and 2 of the 3 remaining prison blocks. Investigations will take place in all accessible areas and in small groups. Since opening it’s doors to the paranormal field in 2004, many strange phenomenon have been reported. Jedburgh Castle Jail limit the amount of ghost hunts per year and Haunted Evenings are therefore privileged to have the castle for the entire evening.
What’s Included? Ghost Hunt Jedburgh
- History/ Guided tour/access all areas at Jedburgh Castle Jail
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Complimentary light snacks
Event Dates Available…
Saturday 15th April 2017
Event times | 9.00pm -3.00am
Arrival times | From 8.45pm
Can’t make these dates? Check out our other Ghost Hunts in Scotland or Why not book a private night here? We can arrange for you and your friends to investigate this amazing haunted location, use all our latest paranormal equipment and we’ll guide you through all the latest paranormal investigative techniques in the hope of experiencing some ghostly goings on. Contact us for more details.
What happens after I’ve booked my place?
You will receive an order confirmation email once you have successfully placed your order. This is your proof of purchase as we do not send tickets out for our events, instead we operate a Guest List system. On receiving your order you will be automatically added to our guest list. If choosing to place down a deposit, please ensure you pay your remaining balances in no later than 4 weeks prior to the event. The week of your event your welcome information will be listed on the YOUR EVENT page. This will give you all the useful info about your ghost hunt.
Ghost Hunt Jedburgh Castle Jail
Deposit Payment, Deposit Payment – Saturday 15th April, Full Payment, Full Payment – Saturday 15th April, Full Payment January Sale Special Offer Price £45, Remaining Balance, Remaining Balance – Saturday 15th April
*Welcome Meeting with complimentary refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks)
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Handheld Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal handheld equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, including K2’s, Mel Meters, Ghost Meters and our thermal imaging cameras. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Trigger Object Vigil. Stay close to our trigger objects to see who, from the spirit world, is intrigued by our objects!, many with built in devices that will literally trigger if interacted with by spirits including Rempods. Other devices will be available for guests to use during the session.
* Voice Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using listening devices to see what strange noises and hopefully voices we can capture. Guests will have the chance to use digital voice recorders and use hearing enhancers. We will carry out EVP experiments and encourage all guests to have a go at capturing their own evidence.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unguided. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.
* Please note, due to a request from Jedburgh Castle, no seances, table tipping, human pendulums or glass divination experiments are permitted – hence we will keep you busy using modern techniques on this ghost hunt event!
You may also like…
Ghost Hunt Scotland
Ghost Hunt Weekend Edinburgh | Scotland | Ghost Hunting Events
Ghost Hunt NorthEast
Ghost Hunt Newcastle Castle Keep | Friday 14th April 2017