Supper & Ghost Hunt Bull ‘I ‘th Thorn | Buxton Ghost Hunts
£15.00 – £45.00
Ghost Hunt Bull I’ Th’ Thorn
Join Haunted Evenings on a Ghost Hunt at this fantastic location, starting the night with a delicious 2 course meal. Over the years there have been numerous reports of paranormal activity, so we decided to investigate the spooky goings on for halloween weekend!
About the location…Standing high and solitary on the old Roman Road between Buxton and Ashbourne, The Bull i’ th’ Thorn has for more than 500 years been a welcoming resting place for travellers by horse or stage-coach.
Many centuries ago the Roman Road from Little Chester to Buxton was known as “The Street”, running through the uplands near Hurdlow and Pomeroy, it it now called the A515.
Over 700 years ago there was a farmhouse alongside the Roman Road and marked on the maps of the time. In 1472 it became a hostelry called “The Bull”.
In 1654 the name changed to “Hurdlow House” and various old documents make reference to “Hurdlow Thorn”…evidently, the name “Bull ‘i th’ Thorn” is derived from a combination of these past associations.
During the 18th and 19th Centuries, this was a prominent Coaching Inn on the Derby to Manchester route. Possibly on the same itinerary as “The Red Lion” at Leek.
Inside, Tudor paneling – bearing carvings of 1642 and 1742 – and the stone flagged floor illustrate the genuine antiquity of this charming old Inn.
What’s Included | Ghost Hunt Bull in the Thorn
- 2 course meal
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate and soft drinks
- Guided tour/access all areas at Bull I’ Th’ Thorn afterdark
- Jam packed night of ghost hunting using different techniques (see “What’s Included” tab below for full details)
- Full use of all the latest paranormal equipment
Damn! We currently have no date for our next Ghost Hunt Bull In The Thorn event! Check out our other ghost hunt events in Derbyshire….
Ghost Hunt Bull I’ Th’ Thorn | Buxton Ghost Hunts
* Start with a delicious 2 course meal – food here is highly recommended!
*Walk round of the location with the lights on, pointing out places of interest.
*Guests will then be split into smaller groups to carry out small vigils
*Equipment Vigil. Guests will investigate an area using all the latest paranormal equipment. We will show you how to use all the devices, from thermal imaging cameras to listening devices. We will also see what we capture using voice and video recorders.
* Communication Boards. Guests will move on to another area and use techniques on the Ouija board, Yes|No boards. Equipment will also be available for guests to use during the session.
* Victorian Vigil. Guests will move on to another area and will have a go at using old and new techniques such as Table Tipping, Human Pendulums. We will also carry out EVP experiments, alongside these more traditional style investigations.
* Lone Vigils. Guests brave enough will be given time to re-visit areas of the location unaccompanied. Armed with walkie talkie contact with the team, guests can take any available equipment and conduct their own vigils.
*Group Vigil. Guests wanting to stay close to the team, will finish off the night carrying out a final vigil in the most active part of the location, using the technique that had the best response.
*Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks will be available throughout the event.